Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Always be sure to Laugh Often

After making Pinterest inspired crafts the past couple months I'm ready to share them with the world!  My 1st project is really a copy cat project from Saving 4 Six.  I've been begging hubs to bring me home some weathered pallets from the burn pile at work & he finally came through last week!  It took about 45 minutes to deconstruct it (I was determined to do it myself!)  I was able to get 9 boards from it.  My original plan was to piece them all back together to make a big art piece to go on the mantle.  But I couldn't wait for my creative juices to get going. 

I ended up with this:


Instead of the star from the inspiration, I cut out & covered a cardboard heart with burlap.  (I LOVE burlap!)  I don't have a Cricut so, I painted the letters very carefully instead of using a stencil. 

I was so excited about painting it that I didn't worry about finding a place to hang it, but I LOVE the placement over the curtains in the living room. 



Hope you enjoy my little project!  More to come!

*Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment