Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another pallet project

This past week, hubs picked me up a few more pallets from the burn pile at his work.  I've been meaning to go with him (I want to make sure he's not leaving behind any treasures), but I've been too busy with work.  Plus, he's not in any sort of hurry to go back to work after he's already home!  This afternoon, I was all ready to blow off some steam & do a "me" project, and tear apart the pallets.  Hubs had a better idea. 


The sawzall is AWESOME!!!!  Instead of using 2 hammers & prying the boards up.  Last time it took me 45 minutes.  He used this awesome power tool & just cut all the nails!!!  He's so supportive of my projects (I think he just amuses me because we've spent sooooooooo much money on all the fancy power tools that rarely get used.  So, now I can't nag! lol) 

Originally, I was planned to just deconstruct the pallet today, so I'd have them ready for projects later.  Since hubs was finished with that in less than 10 minutes, I had to find something on my pinterest board to make! 

I settled on painting another quote.  This time I remembered to take progress pictures!!!  I used the weathered look of the wood for the background, Vintage White Acrylic paint (my new favorite, thanks Lindsay) & I painted the quote freehand.



I'm not sure where I'm going to actually hang it, or if it'll eventually be for sale.  Either way, I like it.  I might actually have to hang onto it, just like Hubs!  He is pretty handy!  

*miranda

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those power tools! And the sign looks great.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awarding you the Liebster Award. I tried to email you but you don't have an email address listed. It will be officially awarded on tomorrow's post (Tuesday). Congrats!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete