Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A 'Lil Bit of Paint Goes A Long Way...

Just a little tidbit about me...I LOVE to shop! It can sometimes be an addiction. If I go to a store, and really like something, but talk myself out of it, I will think about it until I actually breakdown and buy it.

A couple of weekends ago, my best friend, Karen, and I made a trip to our local SuperTarget. I found this awesome mustard yellow lamp that would look perfect in my livingroom. The shade (pictured below) was a reasonable $19.99. The base for the lamp, however, was an outrageous $49.99. I refuse to pay that much for a lampbase, so I did what any crafty girl would do...decided I would make my own. I had already purchased some marigold yellow spray paint for another project, so all I needed was a cheap lampbase to paint. I hit up a local thrift store called All Things Possible. I ended up finding this super cool brass lampbase... And with a little paint, and the lampshade, I turned it into this masterpiece that I absolutely love for a grand total of $21.99!

- Lindsay (:

No comments:

Post a Comment