Monday, January 16, 2012

Reclaimed Barn Wood Wall Tree

I rent a house that sits on a large farm, so I have the privilege of finding old junk lying around all the time. While snooping around the old barn on my property, I stumbled across several VERY weathered boards that had come off my barn. I had been wanting to do this wall tree that I saw on Pinterest for some time, so I immediately thought of this project when I saw the wood. My dad helped me cut the boards, and my mom helped me lay them out in a pattern that looked good (but not perfect).


After several tries...


This is what I came up with.


Now this is the space in my laundry room before I hung anything.




Voila! Doesn't this look amazing!
Now, these are all the cool little hooks that I purchased at Hobby Lobby. Most were $4.99 or less (and they were half off)!!!


This is what it looks like with my cool little hooks all attached!



Here it is in use...I love it!

- Lindsay (:



It's Overflowing







Todays Creative Blog



5 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I saw that same pin and wanted to do something similar but never got around to it! I'm so jealous that you get to find all this stuff laying around! Thanks for linking up to my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute Lindsay! Looks SO GREAT!!! Thanks LOTS for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity!

    XO, Aimee

    PS Did you sign up for my giveaway yet!?!
    Awesome Customizable Frames, Art & Home Decor

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSS I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I'd love to have you return the love {if you haven't already} when you visit next!!!

    XO, Me, again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I love this! Love the super cute hooks you used too!

    ReplyDelete