Monday, February 6, 2012

Book Lovin'

Miranda, Karen, and myself are major book lovers! You have seen Miranda's book wreath, and I have done one too which I incorporated into my vintage vignette. I decided I wanted to create another project using one of the cool old books that I found at a thrift store. When I bought the books I used for my wreath, I didn't know how many I would need, so I bought 3. Turns out that I didn't even completely use one whole book, and now I have these 3 VERY random books that I need to do something with. This is where this project was born...

First, I drew a heart onto a piece of foamboard.

Then, I cut out the heart with an Exacto knife.

Here's the heart after I cut it out.



Then, the fun part. I ripped up several pages out of a book. Notice that the pages are yellowed naturally, which is the reason why I bought the book, because it's definitely NOT one I would ever read.


Next, I used modge-podge to glue the scraps onto the heart. I then applied another thin layer over the top to seal.


This is what it looks like...


Then, I trimmed around the edges.




And used the glue gun to attach lace around the edges for a more finished look.



Last, the finishing touch...I attached it to an empty picture frame in my vintage vignette as decoration for Valentine's Day. Hopefully, after Valentine's Day is over, I can find another use for it.



-Lindsay (:

No comments:

Post a Comment