Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cabinet Door Turned Chalkboard

I got this cabinet door for $3 at the Habitat ReStore in Murfreesboro, TN. No...it didn't look like this when I got it. Unfortunately, I failed to take a picture of the cabinet door "before". Below, you see "Take 1" of my cabinet door chalkboard. I left the outside frame white, and painted it with chalkboard paint in the center. Then, I attached a ribbon to hang it by. I also used a cabinet door handle for the chalk holder.

After gazing at it for several days, I decided that the white paint on the outside just wasn't cutting it. It was too plain and blended into the walls too much...so I had to do something about it.
I painted the outside with mustard yellow. I also added a burlap bow at the top and a burlap flower at the bottom.

- Lindsay (:

1 comment:

  1. Love the burlap. The mustard yellow makes it stand out.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete