Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Keep it simple

I decided to do this quote for a sweet lady that has really inspired me to "keep it simple".  It's a great moto & since she's always giving me sweet little gifts, I wanted to make something special for her.


I wanted to branch out from using the Vintage White paint.  When I was at Walmart this weekend (bored browsing), I picked up a couple different shades of gray.  I used Light Gray to paint the quote... but I think it looked too "simple"!


I used a mixture of the Vintage White & Mustard Yellow paints to do some highlighting on the quote.



Then, I thought it needed something else...  I also bought some new printed sheets (bored shopping again) and they came in a nifty fabric bag.  I cut a strip of fabric & made a flower (found a tutorial on Pinterest!)  Then I wadded up some burlap to made another.  The flowers are attached with tacky glue.


This is the finished product.  I think the little embellishments really add to the quote, and I still think I kept it simple :)


*Miranda

Linking up:
It's Overflowing

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! This turned out so GREAT! Thanks for sharing at my party!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete