Monday, February 13, 2012

a Very Purple Bridal Shower

My first cousin, Emily lives in North Carolina & is getting married in March.  She was in town over Christmas.  We decided to have a Bridal Shower for her the Monday after Christmas.  A little unconventional, but we have a HUGE family & I didn't want her to miss out on all the goodies!  Well while planning the shower & all the Christmas', I forgot to charge my camera.  When I started to take pictures at the shower... it died :(  So I've been at the mercy of family... waiting on pictures.  I snagged a few off facebook that I wanted to share!

We'll start with the entry table.  She brought a few framed engagement pictures to help decorate.  I created the "Wedding Date" plaque.  It's a burlap covered board with metal numbers that I found at Hobby Lobby.  Hubs attached the wire hanger & I made the bow.  [Not shown was the address book, we used for a guest registry!  It worked great, she has everyone's address from the shower!]


Since it was the day after Christmas, I kept with the holiday theme.  For table decorations, I filled crystal vases & bowl with purple ornaments, "H" tags & fake snow.  


I can't take full credit for the burlap "H"... I actually purchased this from Et Cetera in McMinnville, TN... I didn't want to wait for a custom order, so I painted the purple dots & changed the bow.  (it was originally teal!)


I can't find a copy, but I made photo cards for invites.  Since they live out of state, most of the family hasn't met the Groom.  I wanted them to at least have a picture... plus I loved their engagement pictures.

I actually ordered a few too many invites, but I didn't want the pictures to go to waste.  I made a collage on a 8x10 canvas & used mod podge to glue them down.  I printed the H on regular copy paper & cut it out (so you couldn't see any of the white).  Then glued it over the pictures.  I used purple acrylic paint to paint the edges & highlight the H.  Then I attached a purple bow.  


I found a couple metal buckets at Hobby Lobby for $3 each.  I wasn't sure what I would do with them at the time, but they made perfect silverware holders!   


I wrapped the forks with purple napkins & tied them with burlap.


I dressed for the occasion too!  I checked with Lindsay to make sure I wasn't going too overboard with all the purple & she gave her approval.  The shower was a success!  

[me, Emily, her Mom, my Mom]


I love hosting parties & it's been a while since anyone close has gotten married or had babies!  It was a ton of fun.  Maybe next time, I remember to charge my camera :)

*Miranda



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment