Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Burlap Bird Door Hanger

This burlap bird door hanger was a challenge for me because I am by no means a seamstress.  Both my grandmothers can sew and my mama can sew...but me, NOPE!  So I compromised...

First, I printed out a picture of a bird that I liked.


Then, by looking at that picture, I drew a much larger version of this bird on a piece of cardstock.


Next, I traced the design twice onto burlap.



Since I can't sew, I used stitch witch to attach the two birdie pieces together.



Stitch Witchery is "sew" easy to use.  You simply iron it on where you want the seam, and it sticks just as good as if it was sewn.  I made this bird around February (yes, it took me awhile to take pictures and post), so I had some leftover "snow" that you buy for Christmas decorations.  I used this to stuff the bird.  It's way cheaper than quilt batting and works just as good!

Here's the finished product...I think it turned out cute!  I put it up in March as a spring door hanger, and I love it so much that it's still hanging on my front door.


- Lindsay (:

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment